Monday, June 7, 2010

Favorite Memories of 2010 Trip to Germany


It has only taken me 5 months to post this trip, but you would not believe how many pictures I took on this trip. I cut down to the bare minimum of this trip. My Iphone was even more pictures on it. It was an amazing experience to go and spend the time with my sister and her cute family. My four nephews were a blast to be with. It was cold, it was dark some days and the sun came out only for moments, but with it being one of the worst winters in 20 years it was still worth making the trip. I am so glad I went and so thankful for the time.




Water tower of Mannheim -is water tower, the town's landmark, is completed in 1889.


I just plain love these decorations people had outside and had to take pictures so I could make similar ones this Christmas.


I was able to spend some time with a mission companion who was living in Heidelberg.

Holocaust Memorial -it's a see-through cube with the names of Jewish citizens of Mannheim in the 1930s.

I love a good farmers market and of course we went all the time. This one was in downtown Mannheim.

This is the Witches prison. Still standing in between the houses.

I just fell in love with this yellow house and it's doorway.





The Cathedrals have the most amazing stain glass windows.


We were able to go to France and do some shopping, I love the pastry shops and I picked up some french pottery as well.


T is loving his homework.
Don't you just love the Disco Lion. He is awesome.



So Chris and I were able to take a half day just the two of us and we went to the Bath house in Baden Baden. What an experience it will be a memory that I would only do with Chris.




It was a wonderful trip 7 weeks in Germany with my family. Thank you Adam for the opportunity. Thank you American Airlines for the miles.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Nikki, you have such a cool life! I am jealous.