Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down


Our little man has his own opinions already. He has really started showing his personality this past month.

Overall he is just a happy baby boy! What you see is what you get. A calm happy boy who wants to explore, anything he touches goes right in the mouth. It has almost been a full month since we started solids.

The little man knows what he likes and dislikes

Thumbs Up!
Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Peas, Apple Sauce, Pears and Rice Cereal

Thumbs Down!
Avocado, Bananas

He gives it a few good bites before he says "hey stop putting that stuff in my mouth." Ok so he is not speaking yet, but if he could that is what he would be telling me. Instead he will spit it out, or cry when the spoon comes to his mouth.

I was so hoping to have a Avocado eating baby. I love avocado's and ate one everyday I was pregnant. I craved them. I was hoping he would enjoy eating the good fats and they are so good for you. I will give him a few more weeks and try and introduce them again to him.

The bananas were funny. I really tried to feed them to him. The first bananas was from a jar. He ate the first 2 bites but had a bitter reaction to them. I then tasted them and thought YUCK! these are gross and bitter. I then tried a fresh bananas and mashed it up the next day. Still the YUCK factor came back from the little man himself. I had a half a bananas in my daily smoothie when I was pregnant with him.

So my little man is developing his own opinions about what he likes and doesn't like. It is exciting to see his face when we introduce new things to him. He is such a happy little man who is a ray of sunshine.


No comments: