Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Halloween

Our little man's first Halloween.



It was more for me than him. He didn't mind dressing up. Our little one was a bat. I dressed up as a vampire. He was a nice addition to my costume.


Halloween was a fun night. When Adam got home from work we ate dinner and then cleared the table. We pulled out the pumpkin and carved it up. Palmer sat in his high chair and watched.

Then we dressed up and handed out candy. It was fun to see the faces of the kids and families who came by that night. Once the candy was gone and the baby down for the night. Adam and I snuggled up on the couch and ate the roasted pumpkins seeds that I made from the pumpkin we carved and watched It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I loved watching that show as a kid. Here is a favorite quote from the show

Charlie Brown: Hey! I got an invitation to a Halloween party!
[dances happily]
Lucy Van Pelt: Is the invitation to Violet's party, Charlie Brown?
Charlie Brown: Yes. It's the first time I've been invited to a party.
Lucy Van Pelt: Charlie Brown, if you got an invitation, it was a mistake. There were two lists, Charlie Brown: one to invite, and one not to invite. You must have been put on the wrong list.

No comments: