Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cold in Colorado!

I don’t want to give you a weather forecast but I guess that is what I am going to do. It is freezing here, literally. The mountains have got most of the snow. We did get a little here in the city and with the temperatures the way it has been it has not melted away. Monday morning I woke up to -15 degrees outside, insane I know! I thought I had warmed up my car well enough but half way into work my clutch felt stiff. I just kept thinking please, please let me just get to work and don’t stall. Monday had a high of about 10 degrees. I found my window fluid to be frozen. I have to say, the magic of the season goes out the door, when you drive with out window washer fluid and the snow begins to melt. ERGH! Yesterday afternoon I finally was able to clean the car window without my help of throwing snow on it. My window fluid defrosted on its own. Yeah! I think today we are getting back into shorts weather at 35 degrees. I hope this cold front has passed, but I think we are still in for a treat with the cold and snow this weekend. With that said, I guess I need to look at the positive things that the cold brings. The fireplace running every night, family cuddles under the feather blanket, snowball fights in the yard, ice skating at the lake, drinking hot chocolate and skiing with no rocks!

The best part of today is knowing that one week from today we will be with my Sister, brother in-law, nieces, nephews, brother, his fiancé and her mother. We will be with family very soon to enjoy Christmas!

No comments: