Monday, December 8, 2008

Excuse for a Date



Saturday night Adam and I went to his work Christmas party. It turned out to be a fun night. We arrived at 630pm, expecting to stay for maybe an hour or 2 but we ended up staying for like 5 hours that night. Their Christmas party was at the museum of nature and science; they rented out the whole building. We arrived and after meeting a few of his co-workers and spouses we were ushered upstairs to eat dinner. We ended eating in a room with Mountain goats. We were able to hang out with a couple before they headed off to their Imax movie, after they left another co worker of Adam’s found us and came and ate with us. We spent the most part of the evening hanging out with Andrew and Tatiana.

They were a great couple to get to know. They have a 3 year old daughter and Tatiana is pregnant with their second. We will be anxious to find out the sex of the baby in a few weeks. Andrew works with Adam and his wife has a very interesting job that takes her around the world. It was really nice to chat with her about all the places that she has gone and is going in the next few months. It was a pleasure to meet them and spend the evening with them. After dinner we went to try out a few desserts and chat some more. The desserts were in the other end of the wild life exhibit. So we enjoyed our little cakes and cheesecake while admiring the different kinds of cats jumping in the air. Lucky for us we all had tickets to the 8pm IMAX Theater there at the museum and so we went together to view the movie, which was on Alaska. It was good. I think my favorite part of the movie was the big black bear playing in the water. He was splashing around like a child in the water. It was fun to watch. After the movie we went to go see some more of the exhibits. Where we were able to find some hands on items, with help from Adam he taught me how to park a space shuttle at the dock before running out of gas. It took me a few try’s to get it docked. Adam seemed to pick it up quickly; it must be the pilot in him? After the fun we made our way to the Chocolate fountain where there I found my love of treats and goodies to dip. BTW the chocolate was really good.

Adam and I then decided to get a portrait taken together. As we are standing in line with the other people, I felt like I was at my prom, waiting to take my formal picture together. The picture I think turned out just as cheesy! After our picture we decided to end the evening with a carriage ride. We were taken away with a white carriage drawn by a white and black spotted horse. There was a heavy velvet blanket that he had on our laps to help us stay warm for the ride. I loved to hear the clicking of the horse’s hoof as he walks on the pavement. The ride only took us around the museum, but there was the one point on the ride you could view downtown and all the lights at that point Adam leans over and gives me a kiss. It was the kiss that warms your heart and the chills that you were feeling all go away. He wraps his arms around me and we sit in complete silence just enjoying the rest of the ride. Over all it turned out to be a very romantic date night.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish we could have come!

Marion in Colorado said...

Wow, that sounded like a pretty amazing Christmas party!!! FInally I figured out how to comment! *LOL*