Friday, February 18, 2011

Distracted by a horrible word

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but I was a little distracted by comments made on Facebook. We all have opinions and beliefs. That is what makes us individuals. It makes each one of us unique in our own way. But when you attack someone for their personal belief that is just wrong. We all have our our lifestyles that we choose to live, and follow the laws of the land. We should have a tolerance for each others differences.

The term used was "BIGOT" which is a harsh word in the English vocabulary no matter how it is used. Just hearing or seeing the word makes my stomach go into knots. The definition is given as 'bigot: a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own." If a person uses that term doesn't it apply to he who cast the first stone?

Like I said I don't want to turn this into a debate or something horrible like I saw on Facebook this morning. I have no tolerance for that word to be used no matter what the debate is. We all have our beliefs and can't we communicate in a logical manner without calling each other names?


No comments: