Thursday, February 24, 2011

Iron Baby Iron

I am 29 weeks along and found out that I am anemic. That is why I have been so drained and feeling dizzy. I have been really sick this winter with catching one cold after the next but it is all clear now that I need more iron. This little boy is sucking the life force out of me. I have 3 weeks to improve or infusions are in my future. So yesterday I went to whole foods and met this great woman who worked there and helped me choose a iron supplement to take.

If this stuff really delivers I will be one happy lady very soon. As it sounds too good to be true I have highlighted some of the promises and could really use them right now.

Blood Builder provides 100% whole food iron with synergistic nutrients and organic beet root to maintain healthy levels of iron. Restoring iron levels helps to combat fatigue and improve energy levels. In addition proper iron levels supports healthy immune response, healthy skin and optimal athletic performance. Organic beet root, a deep-red restorative food revered for its ability to nourish, purify and strengthen the blood, enriches our Blood Builder formula. The inclusion of 100% whole food vitamin C enhances iron bioavailability and utilization for maximum nutritional benefit. Iron in a natural 100% whole food form is non-binding and gentle on the stomach.

In addition I read up on the foods that have iron and have tried to incorporate more of them into my diet. I love my green smoothies and so easy to get my spinach in them. Red meat is my pregnancy crave so not a problem there.


I will be posting 30 week belly shots next week. As my belly is growing and starting to look like there is a baby in there. He's kicking and moving around in there and reminds me that I have other organs near by.

1 comment:

Doug & Jane's Home said...

Mom says - eat more liver!!