Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What's for Breakfast

My normal breakfast is a green smoothie and it takes me a few hours to drink like a 30oz of it. I love it but lately I have been wanting something a bit more hearty in the morning. I have come up with a might tasty breakfast that both little man and myself really like.
 
1 cup Oat Grouts
3 cup water
handful of dried cranberries
2 apples peeled and cored and cut into chunks

Put everything into a pot and bring to a boil. Then put a lid on the pot and turn down the heat to low and let it simmer for about 40 mins.

I have found it is to chuncky for me and little man.
 
I put it in my super duper blender and blend for a minuet, not long.
 
Then pour into our individual bowls. This is when I like to add a little sweetener, sugar, agave, stevia you get the point. This morning I added some heavy cream but you can use milk, almond milk, soy milk. Whatever you drink.


This is what is for breakfast and it was really yummy.

I have also found we like to do the same thing with dried apricots and raisins.

No comments: