Monday, May 25, 2009

Farmer's Market - It's that time of year!







I know, I know another post. What is going on? I never post so close together.

With the hit of the failed adoption, I just have not brought myself to update our lives for a while. I am back and stronger than ever.



This past Saturday I wanted to go to the Farmer’s Market in Boulder. I asked Adam to come with me. I had no idea that there would be a festival there that same day. I love this season; I enjoy going to the farmer’s market any chance I can get.

I think it is so much fun to walk up and down the isles looking at all the organic and fresh produce, flowers, meat and dairy. I wish I had taken a picture but I saw the most beautiful radishes I have ever seen. They were in a punch with pink, purple and red. When I went back to take a picture they were gone. Of course they were gone. I was going to buy them because they were so beautiful even though radishes are not my favorite.

While we grabbed some lunch there was a parade that walked by. They were all dressed in white and had drums that they banged and each person was carrying a colorful, ordinate decorated umbrella. They looked beautiful and with their smiles and pride walking through the market, it changed the energy of the market. Everyone gathered together to see. People laughed and clapped their hands as they walked by. They came right up to us and with the beating of the drum your body just shook from the vibration of the drums. We walked away with some fun things to eat this week. I had to take pictures because it is a beautiful thing to go to a market. It reminds me of the markets I would go to in Europe. You can sample all the yummy stuff and then buy little things here and there. So if anyone is interested in going with me Saturday mornings, there are markets all over town just waiting to be visited.

No comments: