I was thinking about what I want to do in 2009, what I want to accomplish, you know the same old stuff that didn’t happen in 2008, 2007, 2006 etc. You get my point. So here are some things I think I can accomplish this year.
1. I will spend less than eight hours a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I'm not a clock watcher.
2. I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.
3. I will not talk on my cell phone all the way to the front door and greet the person who I have been talking with on the cell phone.
4. I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses.
5. I will go and workout occasionally and not beat myself up over the workouts that just don’t happen.
I think this is a good start. I don’t want to add too much pressure, the year just barely started. As for the one I add to my list every year since I can remember which is “To lose weight, to get healthier, to eat healthier, and to drop a few pounds”. I have not even put it on my list this year. I like what Jay Leno quoted below
“Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year's resolution”.
Cheers to all you who set their goals high this year!
"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man".