Monday, July 26, 2010

Day trip to Williamsburg

I was so sad that my girls trip to New York was canceled but I am so glad that the three of us were able to go down to Williamsburg for the day. I love how everything is so close to us. We are only 2.5 hours from this fantastic place. We made it out of the city by 10am. We set the time to meet at 9am, but you know how that goes so 10am was our actual time to get on the road. We packed some yummy sandwiches and had the cooler filled with diet coke and off were went. Oh Lani introduced me to Mint Oreo Cookie. I wish she hadn't as I could not stop munching on them through out the day. We arrived at the Visitor Center where we found free parking. We decided that we didn't want to spend the money for a day pass and thought we would just walk about without going into the live museums. The walk from the VC is only about 8 minuets to the village so for us who want to save a few bucks it was worth it to not have to pay parking. As we are crossing over the bridge we saw this and loved it so much that I had to take a picture.


It reads "you are now leaving the 21st century. Walk back in time".

Here is Lani and her sister Moana in one of the free churches you can go in and sit and enjoy yourself out of the 100 degree heat. We sat in there for quite a while, in the process was able to hear 2 different groups of tours. They told about the history of the Church and stories about the area back in the day.


Here is a picture of the church from outside. This was a beautiful vegetable garden that we were able to walk through. We also saw some children who were taking buckets to the well to fill and walk these heavy wooden buckets back to water the garden.


I had to take a picture because I just feel in love with these and want to find them for my own garden.


It was a really hot day. But we found this spot to stop and sit under the benches of this tree. We had a nice breeze hit us while we were shading by this giant tree.

We found this darling sandwich shop and since I was going meatless this week I ordered the portabella mushroom wrap which turned out to be divine. So going meatless for the week was a good thing because I don't think I would have ordered this under my normal eating plan.



I have never seen S'mores on a menu before so mostly I ordered it out of curiosity and boy am I glad I did as this was a wonderful treat for the night as well as a idea for future desserts in our home. Who doesn't like a campfire marshmallow?
I guess you can just call it Heaven on a stick. It was fantastic!

We walked, walked and walked, we hit every shop we could go into and we bought some really fun things. You know there are just some people you hang out with that have this shopping energy and in the end you come home with bags of fun stuff. Well these are the girls to go with. I came home with some fun rings a belt that is like no other. Lani found a belt and put it on in front of the mirror. Then the next 1hour we were trying to decide which one she should get. Next thing I know I am trying on the belt. WOW this belt completely transforms whatever you are wearing. So before you know it I am trying on this belt and trying to figure out which one I want and which one Lani wants and if I get this one she can borrow it and if she gets that one I can borrow it. It was so fun and in the end we both walked away with our fantastic over-priced belt. But oh it is so cute!



I saw this in the clearance section in one of the Williamsburg stores. I thought it was darling and I loved how the bowls fit in and how low it is to the ground for my girls. I am always looking to spoil them and get them fun things. So after much debate we went back and I picked up these cute dog food bowls for my little girls. I cleaned them and filled them up and put it on the ground. Lizzy walked right over and started to munch while I was taking a picture. They are both very happy with the bowls.

I was telling a friend of mine how cute these bowls were and what they read.
"The Best Is Not Too Good For You"
She smiled and said yes it is like your dogs can read while they eat. I thought for a moment and then realized I got these dog bowels our of my own vanity.

You know the more I thought about it, the more I am OK with it. I really like these bowels and the saying, it looks great in my kitchen and even though I bought them out of my own vanity I know my girls feel special eating from their new bowls.

At the end of the day we found out that we never really hit the main village we spent the day on the opposite side. So this is a place that I will be making many trips back to. I might even have to buy a season pass so I can get into the living museums.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: