Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pumpkin Pie from Scratch

Last year I was so impressed with my friend Emily. She made pumpkin pie filling from scratch and then brought me over a jar. I was determined to follow in her footstep of becoming the same domestic goddess that she has become. Here I am making the same pumpkin puree for my pumpkin pies for 2009.

First I went to my local Trader Joe's were I found these darling little cooking pumpkins. I cut them and cleaned them out and put them on a cookie sheet and roasted them for an hour at 400 degrees.


Then I scooped out the guts and puree then in a bowl



Then follow whatever your favorite pumpkin pie recipe. And voila there are the most amazing pies ever. Seriously it was worth the work. They are the best pies ever.


Just ask the man who eats them.

No comments: